Do you ever feel just slightly off, but you can’t quite put your finger on what exactly is wrong? Or maybe it’s a more specific condition that’s disrupting your quality of life. These days, feeling lousy has almost become the norm. Too many of us are giving up on the possibility of ever feeling our best again. Unfortunately, our cultural focus on diagnostic tools, treating symptoms, and on labeling a wide range of ailments within tidy categories of disease is dulling our collective capacity for self-awareness and inner sensitivity.
As a result, many of us are ignoring our own internal alarm bells. In some ways, feeling crummy can be a blessing; at the very least, it is an important invitation. Why? Because it is at these early stages of being unwell—of feeling off, down, or hindered in some way—that we can correct our imbalances with the greatest ease. And even if you feel fantastic today, wouldn’t you prefer to stay that way?
This is why Ayurveda can be such a transformational force in our lives. Ayurveda literally means “the science of life” and it teaches us to tune into both the conspicuous and subtle indicators that there is room for improvement within—body, mind, and spirit. The Ayurvedic tradition also offers us a myriad of diverse therapeutic strategies to actually achieve positive change. As a system of healing, Ayurveda honors the utter uniqueness of the individual while helping each of us to court an ever-improving sense of balance and harmony in our lives.
The following signs and symptoms are often an indicator that your body would benefit from a cleanse:
- You struggle with digestive difficulties of any kind
- You suffer from constipation, loose stools, or irregular bowel movements
- You have intense cravings for spicy, salty, or sweet foods
- You tend to have trouble listening to what your body needs (in the way of sleep, food, rest, exercise, etc.)
- You frequently lack energy or feel exhausted
- You suffer from anxiety or stress
- You have trouble sleeping or waking up
- Your mind feels scattered and you have trouble focusing
- You tend to feel foggy-headed or lethargic
- You sense a subtle and undefined malaise; you just don’t feel as well as you think you should (or maybe as well as you have in the past)
At it’s core, an Ayurvedic cleanse is focused on drawing toxins and excess vata, pitta, and kapha out of the tissues and into the digestive tract so that they can be eliminated. While this is sometimes an uncomfortable process, the end result of a cleanse should be an improved sense of balance and overall health.
An Ayurvedic Cleanse Helps To:
- Restore a sense of calm to the mind and the nervous system.
- Foster both clarity and groundedness in the mental, spiritual, and emotional spheres.
- Nurture an improved sense of energy, vitality, and enthusiasm for life.
- Support the maintenance of a healthy body weight.
- Restore and maintain balanced sleep cycles.
- Promote regular and balanced elimination.
- Recover each individual’s natural state of balance.
- Prepare the tissues for deep nourishment and rejuvenation.
- Promote optimal health.
Contact our Ayurvedic Doctor – to support you on the best holistic detox plan